- 4th largest automotive group in the world (resulting from the merger between Fiat-Chrysler and PSA Group)
- Includes 14 brands, such as: Peugeot, Citroën, Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Opel, Chrysler, Jeep, among others
- The client needed a tool to perform tests on different components of an automobile, in order to verify if they are in suitable conditions to be installed;
- The original application was developed over 15 years ago by Alter Solutions France and was inherited by Alter Solutions Portugal. Therefore, the challenge consisted of its ongoing maintenance (bug fixing) and the addition of new functionalities.
Alter Solutions worked with a monolithic application (ATTM - Advanced Tool for Test Management) with the following architecture:
- ATTM-Client: it’s the graphical interface of the application (standalone), where the client interacts with the application's functionalities. This is where clients can perform tests on automobile components.
- MOM – MOM (Message Orientated Middleware): it’s a component that allows sending messages from the client to the server.
- ATTM-Server: it’s the application's server that performs all the logical and business operations.
- ATTM-WS: web service that provides functionalities to other external applications.
- Front-end: Java Swing
- Back-end: Java 8; Spring Boot
- Database: MySQL
- MOM: Active MQ
With this application, the client was able to increase automobile production and validate its components quality more accurately.
Time and resources
13-month project. The team included:
- Project Manager
- Functional Analyst
- Full Stack Developer
Images of the application